Sunday, April 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: Welcome April

This is a special month at Rebecca Lane - I will be entering my 40th year later this month! WOW! In honor of this milestone - I'd better stick with some light, healthy meal planning so that I can enjoy that birthday cake (and all that wine in Napa). Remember to check out Laura's site for more great menu planning ideas.

We are also starting a comprehensive food budget this month tracking every dollar out for food. Our goal is $100 a week - which typically covers our household of two for 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners (along with household items). So with 4 Monday's in April, our budget is $400. Next MPM, I'll post our grocery bill for this week.

Enjoy!
Stacy

Monday: Black Bean Tacos with Feta and Cabbage (NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME @ 6PM PDT)
Tuesday: Chili Chicken Kebabs with Yogurt Sauce and Jasmine Rice
Wednesday: Wild Salmon (caught earlier in the month by my boss) with Steamed Broccoli and couscous
Thursday: Steak Salad with Spicy Buttermilk Dressing