Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday To Me!

In honor of my 40th Birthday, here are 40, fabulous things about me!

1. I’ve never been on a ferris wheel.
2. I get car sick if I read in a moving car, even if it’s to glance at a map.
3. I love to cook, but can’t master the art of baking (it’s too exact).
4. I had a cat named Tinker Bell, who lived for 22 years.
5. And a poodle name Anna who lived even longer!
6. Both are buried in my Dad's backyard (and I asked him to dig them up if they ever move).
7. I spent the day at the Australian Open Tennis Tournament in Melbourne, Australia in January 1995.
8. I lived in Australia for 2 years, 7 months.
9. I am a complete anglophile (a link just in case you thought it was something “dirty”).
10. In grade school I wanted to be a plant lady who worked in a plant shop.11. I wore braces on my teeth for 2 and 1/2 years.
12. I had 4 permanent teeth pulled prior to the braces.
13. I varsity-lettered in tennis as a high school freshman.
14. My favorite candy bar is a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
15. I love to dip French fries into chocolate milk shakes.
16. I love celebrating my birthday (it usually lasts the whole month of April).
17. My favorite meal is anything my Dad cooked for me as a child, including fried oysters, fresh venison and liver with onions.
18. Strong winds frighten me (I usually sleep with a flashlight on stormy nights).
19. Thunder storms too, although we rarely experience them in Portland.
20. I can't whistle.21. I like taking naps.
22. I still watch General Hospital everyday and have for over 25 years (I love my DVR).
23. I like flat pillows for sleeping.
24. I love wearing perfume, but like to have several scents to choose from.
25. I can’t drive a stick shift.
26. I love pedicures, but can’t stand to have a manicure (I don't like anyone messing with my hands).
27. I’d love to have a tattoo on my lower back of a phoenix rising from the ashes.
28. I love to travel, but flying scares me (especially landing).
29. I am afraid of the water, but love to sail.
30. I am not a confident swimmer despite growing up with a swimming pool in my backyard.
31. I love making lists, especially grocery lists
32. I love grocery shopping, but hate to shop for just about everything else – especially clothes and shoes.
33. I love my name – first, middle and last.
34. I was named after my mother’s uncle.
35. I don’t like clowns – there is something evil about every one of them!
36. My favorite color is the color of the sky at night after the sun sets and before the first star appears (I think it's called Twilight).
37. One summer as a kid I ate so much corn on the cob that it gave me hives.
38. I'd rather have an evening at home than go out somewhere (anywhere).
39. I love the smell of fresh cut grass on that first spring afternoon when everyone cuts the grass for the first time (and it's warm enough to open your patio doors).
40. I’ll eat anything but lima beans.

Here is to 40 more fabulous years!

Enjoy!
Stacy