A while back I blogged about how easy it is to put together meals in tin foil packets. You can create some really yummy meals that are easy to prepare, freeze and either bake in the oven or grill.
This week's ROTW is on next week's MPM.
Mediterranean Fish Fillets in Packets
8 oz snapper fillet - two 4 oz fillets (you could also use sole, halibut or sea bass)
1/3 cup white wine
1/4 diced red onion
6 medium cherry tomatoes, quartered
4 large black olives, pitted and halved
1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, without oil, drained and quartered
1 medium garlic clove, chopped
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1. Preheat grill or oven to 450F
2. Tear off a 12 inch long piece of aluminum foil and place it on a work surface. Place one fish fillet in the center of the foil.
3. Pour half wine over fish; top fish with half of the onion, tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts and garlic. Add half the lemon juice, herbs and salt and pepper.
4. Bring the two sides of the foil together over the fillet; fold and crimp closed. Make sure the packet is completely sealed with no leaks or holes.
5. Transfer to the grill or a large baking sheet if using the oven. Cook until done, about 15 minutes.
6. When serving, open carefully to avoid a burn from the steam inside.
Serves 2; excellent with rice
Image from Google