Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Global Giving



In honor of the month of November and as a THANKGIVING we should all be a part of, some of you may have noticed my Global Giving “Tag” I added a few weeks ago. For those not familiar with Global Giving, they are an organization who connect you to over 450 pre-screened grassroots charity projects around the world. It's an efficient, transparent way to make an impact with your giving.

Global Giving begins with the dedicated, tenacious individuals who are driving change in their communities. From running orphanages and schools, to helping survivors of natural disasters, these people are do-gooders to the core. We connect these "good idea people" with the "generous giver people" and help projects of all sizes receive donations of all sizes.

After reviewing their website and running their donation wizard I found what I believe in my heart is a wonderful opportunity for me to “give”.

The project I support is:
Making footballs that can save lives in Africa
80 stitchers are making tough, repairable leather soccer balls & volleyballs in Africa for kids who hardly get to see a proper ball. Each ball carries a simple HIV/AIDS or Malaria awareness message.

So far, I’ve donated enough to pay for a leather ball to be stitched and delivered to a school or youth group in rural Africa. How good does that make me feel!!!

Today I received this update, which helps me feel connected to my project.

Check it out, I guarantee that it will make your heart grow!

Stace